Join us for dinner, discussion and spiritual growth as we form Small Christian Community Circles. The focus will be on connecting our personal stories with the human, Christian and Universe Story.
The "circles" or groups will be approximately 6-8 adults and are open to people of any church (or none). Meet once-a-month for 10 sessions which include prayer, quiet reflection, contemplative dialogue, spiritual growth practices, community support, common service, and a meal. Cost is $20 per session, which includes your meal.
Select the day and time that works best for you: Third Sunday of each month, 3:30-6:30 beginning September 16, First Monday of the month, 5:30-8:30 beginning September 10 or Second Tuesday of each month, 9:30-12:30 beginning September 11.
Themes of the Program
- On-going Creation (Openness to Wonder; Incarnation and Sacramentality in the universe)
- Emergence (Cosmic evolution and holistic human development; Jesus as the Christ/Exemplar)
- The Process of Change (Self-transcendence; Imagination; Possibility and the Gospel)
- The Persuasive Power of Divine and human love (The Divine Lure; Creating energy fields)
- A Suffering, Self-Emptying God (Compassionate solidarity; Freedom and grace)
- Global Consciousness (Dying to individualism; Opening to the other/the Whole)
- Contemplation and Awareness (Mindfulness practice; Discernment of Spirit)
- Christian Vision of the Cosmos (The Body and Becoming of God; The Body of Christ/Being Eucharist; On Earth as it is in Heaven, the Coming of the Kin-dom)
- Relationality (Church as Christ-Light Community; Equality, collaboration, and forgiveness)
- Suffering, Death, and New Life (Chaos and Creativity; Salvific Healing and Resurrection)
Facilitated by Anita Wood, M. Ed. In Religious Education, former a Catholic and public school educator and Director of Religious Education at St. Ann’s, Wilmington; currently, Spiritual Director and Retreat Leader, as well as Doctor of Ministry student at Lancaster Theological Seminary
To Register for this evening: Please fill out the form below or call the Jesus House office at 302.995.6859. Register by August 24, 2018.